Re: Forwarding X apps

> The proper method is to use SSH tunnels, as posted previously.  You'll
> have to check your sshd allows X11 forwarding (/etc/ssh/sshd_config).
> Then:
>
>     $ ssh -C -X remotehost

I try this from debian to firewall and it logs in fine:

me:/home/me >$ ssh -C -X firewall
me@firewall's password:
me@firewall:~$ nedit

but now it just hangs and never ever returns.... sniff sniff

do I still have to set my display?  I don't think that I have to if i'm
tunneling X through ssh?

My sshd_config on both debian and firwall allows x tunneling I assume
since they both have these lines:

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10

does my ssh_config file need to have the same sort of thing? or does it
not matter...

I'm using openssh from non-US.

> You may also want to pick a lightweight default cipher, Blowfish is
> considerably faster then 3DES.

and with this I smile and nod since I have no idea what these mean/do.

yo

Kyle

ps does this sound like problem on debian or firewall?  keep in mind
firewall only has the most minimal of installations of X and other apps