Mail in Communicator 4.77

Hi there,

I'm running a standard Potato 2.2r3 and trying to set up the Netscape
Communicator Messenger as an easy mail interface for my wife (must be
easy to use (point and click), handle MIME, clickable URL's, etc. (I
use gnus myself, but she WANTS mouse interface....))

To download mail from my ISP I'm using fetchmail, and exim is working
alright as MTA delivering the mail into /var/mail/<username>.

In Communicator->Preferences->Mail&Newsgroups->Mailservers how do I
tell it to just read from /var/mail/<username> ? I can choose between
IMAP POP and MOVEMAIL. Since fetchmail takes care of downloading
from my ISP IMAP and POP don't seem right to me. Could the built-in
MOVEMAIL be used or should I specify some extern application ?

And what should I specify for "Outgoing mail (SMTP) server" ? exim ?

Any suggestions ?

--
Harald Iwe