Re: How get CUPS?

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 03:07:36PM -0600, Michael Fontenot wrote:
> I tried to install CUPS from my debian 2.2r3 cd's, but apt-get says
> it's not there.  Is there a version somewhere that is compatible with
> debian 2.2r3?

You just need the right package name(s):

$ apt-cache search cups
apcupsd - APC UPS Power Management
cupsys-bsd - Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD commands
libcupsys1-dev - Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - development files
libcupsys1 - Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - libs
libcupsys2 - Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - libs
cupsys - Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - base
$ apt-get install cupsys cupsys-bsd

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery