install freezing

welp, i'm sure this problem has made it to the list a million times.

strange indeed...i've been trying to install deb 2.2, freebsd 4.3, and even mandrake 8 on my pentium 3. as of late, it's been acting like a big piece of junk. regardless of what distro i'm installing, it seems to halt at some random interval in the process. i was hoping that someone could share some wisdom about what this might be caused by...note, i'm asking for some insight here...i'm NOT trying to ask you to read my mind or something.  :)  i just want to hear about similar experiences. i really like debian a lot and this freezing up crap is really putting me out.

best of luck to the rest of you...keep at it...debian is REALLY nice.

god bless the WORLD - not just america...if you believe in god or whatever...

thanks a lot deb peeps...

-jeff