Re: courier-imap: cannot bind (potato)

Quoth Martin F Krafft,
> hi,
> i am running potato on one of our computers, it sports courier-imap
> bound to localhost only. however, during init, it reports "Cannot bind
> to address" or something similar - and doesn't start. starting
> manually from init.d, however, works.

"Cannot bind" usually suggests you are running something else on one of
the ports that it wants to listen on (Courier, from memory, supports
imap, imap over ssl, and it's own authentication daemon, all of which
will probably want a port of their own).

If all else fails, try lsof and netstat --listen.

HTH,

damon

--
Damon Muller :: Department of Criminology :: University of Melbourne

Murder most foul, as in the best it is;
But this most foul, strange and unnatural.
  -- Hamlet