Re: kernel compile problem

> hi!
>
>  I tried to compile the kernel of my potato distro (kernel is quite old: 2.2.17) and I got the following error message:
> as86: command not found;
> or something like that. The main problem the as86 is seems to be missing from my machine.
> Does anyone some guess what the hell is this? Or which package should I install in order to get this as86?
>
> thanks in advance!
>
> gabi

I believe that you should do an apt-get install bin86

Because:
Package: bin86 0.14.9-3
16-bit assembler and loader
This is the as86 and ld86 distribution written by Bruce Evans.
It's a complete 8086 assembler and loader which can make 32-bit
code for the 386+ processors (under Linux it's used only to create
the 16-bit bootsector and setup binaries).

Klaus Ade
GnuPG v1.0.6 http://www.astro.uio.no/~klaus