Re: xv alternatives

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 09:25:29PM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 10:41:51AM +0100, Phillip Deackes wrote:
> >
> > I second that. I love the way xloadimage turns the cursor into a double
> > arrow where the image is larger than the screen and lets you move the
> > image around so you can see all parts of it more easily. Much nicer than
> > the way imagemagick does it.
>
>     Hmm. Nice. I like it. I'll make it my new favorite.

I've tried xloadimage and its derivative xli. I've had problems with both,
e.g., some options do not work right and many images cause the program to
crash. Imagemagick (or which display is the view app) is incredibly
versatile, but is a memory hog and, worse, it responds very slowly even on a
fast machine. The best I've found yet is feh, now available in unstable. Very
full-featured and seems to work right. It's now my viewer of choice.

--
Henry House