Wake on LAN question

Hi all,
I am setting up a machine to do firewalling/IP masquerading.  I'd like to
be able to leave this machine on all the time, but perhaps in a
powered-down mode, so it's not using as much electricity, and not so noisy
at night.  I envision it in standby or suspend mode, but waking up
whenever someone on my internal LAN wants to access the internet.
1)  Is this possible?
2)  What would be the steps to go about setting linux up for wake-on-lan
access?

thanks

--
-bob

Remember the... the... uhh.....
* Robert Kerr, The morphing guy.  *    MS 0847 Sandia National Labs  *
* rakerr@sandia.gov               *    Albuquerque NM 87185-0847     *
* Robert_Kerr@byu.edu             *      Phone: (505) 844-8606       *
* http://www.et.byu.edu/~kerrr    *      Fax: (505) 844-9297         *