Re: Kernel 2.4.6 won't boot

I have 2.4.6 booting without any problems on 3 systems. Two of the
systems have rtl8139-based NICs (D-Link 530 TX+) using the 8139too
driver.

On the third system I have a built-in Intel Ethernet Pro 100 NIC, and
that system comes up fine as well.

One of the systems with the D-Link NIC has the network driver built as a
module, the other two have their network drivers compiled into the
kernel.

The lockups I was experiencing with 2.4.4 and 2.4.5 related to the
8139too driver have disappeared with 2.4.6.

YMMV of course.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com