Re: calculating with TeX/LaTeX

also sprach Andrew Perrin (on Thu, 05 Jul 2001 11:34:25AM -0500):
> Just glancing through the geometry.sty file, it looks like it's done with
> lots of \addtolength and \setlength commands.

that's where i am looking right now.

that, and then there is \divide and \multiply, although i can't figure
out how to use them exactly, since i can't seem to be able to create
real variables. i assume that both \divide and \multiply modify their
first argument in place, but i am not sure.

any more pointers welcome.
thanks, andrew (i graduated by the way :->)

"if I can't dance, i don't want to be part of your revolution."
                                                        - emma goldman