Re: pump sometimes must be restarted (cable modem)?

Carl> periodically (perhaps every other week) my Internet connection
Carl> via Optimum Online (Cablevision) freezes

Alan> Hmmm... it shouldn't happen every week, but if your IP changes,
Alan> pump will _not_ try to get a new lease...

It might be an ISP policy.

Some ISPs will force a new address on all users from time to time, to
make it difficult for people to run servers. (I know a DSL provider
who logs you out every 24 hours.)

I've never used pump myself. You could try dhcpd (I used that for a
while) or dhcp-client (which I currently use). I wasn't too keen on
dhcpd, but I don't remember why exactly.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <ggeens@capgemini.be>