Re: .vimrc

Am 06. Jun, 2001 schwäzte will trillich so:

> smells like there should be a newbieDoc in this somewhere...

Presuming you meant the "set background=dark" config line there is a
wishlist bug, #99762, for that as well as an appropriate comment, which
explains when to use the option, to be added to the default vimrc.

If you want to improve on my suggested explanation here it is :).

  " If using a dark background within the editing area and syntax highlighting
  " turn on this option as well
  " set background=dark

I don't use gvim, so if that defaults to a white background as someone else
said, then that should be handled as well. Can we put a "if has("gtk")" on
it?

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  kill telnet, long live ssh - der.hans