Re: CUPS question

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 12:32:06PM -0400, D-Man wrote:

> I haven't done any configuring of ethernet printers, but I do have an
> older Laserjet IIIp and an old Seiko ColorPointPS.  I have found that
> if I send PS Level2 data to the printer the LED will flash as it gets
> data, but the LCD will display "Flushing PS Job" and once the spooler
> has sent all the data nothing happens.
<SNIP>

Sorry to intrude, but I couldn't let this fly by without asking a quick
question.  What could you tell me about using a IIIp with CUPS?  I have
been giving some thought to moving to CUPS, as I'd heard that it gives
PCL5 support.  I don't have a memory expansion in my IIIp, so "larger"
files cause it to hang and display MEM OVERFLOW in the display.  This
is _really_ annoying, as I can send vastly larger files to it from a
<cough> windoze <cough> box.

BTW; these files are usually spreadsheets or graphs.

TIA,
--
Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")