CUPS Problem

Until yesterday I only downloaded from the debian stable distributions.

Yesterday, to get stcolor.ppd, I used apt-get install cupsys after updating the package list for the testing distribution. Three packages were added and 14 upgraded.

I then ran lpadmin -p Epson -E -v usb:/dev/usb/lp0 -m stcolor.ppd and got the following:

lpadmin: error while loading shared libraries: lpadmin: undefined symbol: httpConnectEncrypt

How do I fix this?

(Note: While running debian linux 2.2.19 I have as yet not been able to print anything with my Epson Stylus Color 860 attached to the usb port. It works fine with that "other operating system". It also works with debian if I use the parallel port but not if the Visioneer One Touch scanner is connected to the parallel port and the printer is connected to the scanner. Since I must resort to "that other operating system" to use the scanner, I would really like to make the printer work from the usb port.)