Re: rc.d

"wayne" <xieww@online.sh.cn> wrote:
>i am a debian beginer,i want to add some program into systemstart,just
>like ipchains policy,adsl auto start.in redhat the file is
>/rc.d/rc.local,but in debian i can't find it,pleale tell me what can i
>do.thanks a lot

There isn't one there by default, but you can create it yourself in
/etc/init.d and use update-rc.d (see 'man update-rc.d') to tell it to be
started in whatever runlevels you want. This encourages local init
scripts to be split up by function rather than all being jammed into
local, which I think is a good thing, but you could create an
rc.local-a-like for yourself if you wanted.