how to purge my system of the Ximian stuff (Was: Re: X: "could not open default font 'fixed'")

    hi,

  Andrew D Dixon wrote :

>From: Andrew D Dixon <andrew.dixon@seranoa.com>
>Subject: Re: X: "could not open default font 'fixed'"
>To: Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic@chello.at>
>CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 09:15:01 -0500
>
>Mario Vukelic wrote:
>> After an install of Ximian gnome for potato with red-carpet
>It's a bad idea to run Ximian with Debian.  Ximian messes stuff up all
>the time (even in stable) so you'll have to keep dealing with stuff like
>this over and over again.  My suggestion, purge your system of the
>Ximian stuff and use the Gnome packages from the Debian distro.
>I know it's not the answer you were looking for but it'll make your life
>a lot easier.

  how can I <<purge my system of the Ximian stuff>> ?
I have a Potato.
I plan to remove all the ximian packages (dpkg -l|grep ximian)
also because they come from a .com ! Someboby helps me bad in the instalation :(
apt-get remove <packages>
and apt-get install <packages>
Is it right ?

    thx,