Can't find ssh

I just installed Debian potato (2.2r0, I think; got the CDs from
CheapBytes) onto my PC and want to use ssh to connect to other machines.
But I can't find the package to install it.  I gather from the web site
that it is non-USA, but how does one find and install it using apt-get?
When I try, I get the following responses:
	sulu:~# apt-get install ssh
	Reading Package Lists... Done
	Building Dependency Tree... Done
	Package ssh has no available version, but exists in the database.
	This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
	never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
	of sources.list
	E: Package ssh has no installation candidate

I am new to Debian but not to Linux if that would tailor your answers.

andy

	Andy Davidson	--- Pheon Research
   If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.