Re: apt-get question

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 10:00:22AM -0500, Jorge Santos wrote:
> Hello, I want apt-get to get some packages from unstable (using
> something like apt-get install postgresql/unstable), but for all the
> other packages I want the versions in testing (so that doing an
> 'apt-get install postgresql install the version from testing), but I
> think if I just edit sources.list and add the unstable sources then
> the following 'apt-get install foo' will install the version from
> unstable (when I whould like it to install the version from testing),
> I hope I stated my problem clearly :)  Does anyone knows how I can
> achieve this?
>

> --

G'day Jorge,

Probably the easiest way to do this is to put unstable in the sources list,
do apt-get update, then install the package your after from unstable then
change unstable back to testing, apt-get update, again before you install
any thing else

Cheers
Joel
--
No, Gates always knew the Internet was going to be important,
just as Oceania has always been at war with East Asia. ;)