misc questions about inputrc

Hi,

Following the discussion some time ago (how to get PageUp go through
history commands starting with what is currently on the command line), I
decided to look at some thinks I could do with the inputrc files.

My first thing was to add something to get Suppr to work correctly in
xterm. The problem is that now, in console mode, Del works as Suppr!
(C-v Suppr  --> ^?     in X
            --> ^[[3~  in console
 C-v Del    --> ^H     in X
            --> ^?     in console)
How should I do so that it works both in X and in the consoles? (Should
I prefix all my functions by conditionals?)

Next, I wanted to have C-Del, C-Suppr, C-left, C-right to act as the
normal keys, except on words (kill-word etc.) I couldn't get it to work!
Namely
"\C-": backward-kill-word
doesn't do the job... How should I do it?

Finally, the fuction re-read-init-file appears to be reading only
/etc/inputrc, not $HOME/.inputrc
According to info readline, the default is ~/.inputrc, except if
INPUTRC is set to something else...

None of this is vital, but I wish I understood. (I think I read the
relavant parts of the manual, sorry if I missed something...)

Thanks

Pierre