Re: unresolved symbols

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 12:43:29AM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:

> I had a problem like this some days ago whith 2.2.19. In your example the
> pci2220i.o is a module. It depends on other modules which either have been
> compiled into directly into the kernel or they were not included (directly or
> as modules) into the kernel at all. My suggestion is to look the modules
> pci2220i.o depends on and compile them into the kernel as modules too.
>
> My problem was with the modules epat.o, friq.o and frpw.o. All of them depends
> on paride.o. I compiled paride directly into the kernel, but epat, friq and
> frpw as modules. At boot time depmod -a complained about the unresolved
> symbols epat.o, friq.o and frpw.o. Apparently depmod didn't realised that the
> paride support was already compiled into the kernel. The solution was to
> compile paride like a module too.

    Thanks for the reply. I submitted a bug report on the
kernel-image-2.4.4-686 package, and the maintainer has already responded,
telling me that it will be fixed in the next release.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a