Re: windows key

On 19 May 2001, Brian Stults <bs7452@csc.albany.edu> wrote:

>On 19 May 2001 17:43:05 +0200, Philipp Lehman wrote:
>> Now you should be able to bind F15 to any action with sawfish. That's
>> why I was asking how you map a key with sawfish. I'd assume that
>> sawfish binds keysyms to actions, but doesn't now about raw keycodes.
>> But I haven't tried it myself, so this might be wrong.
>
>Thanks.  That was so easy.  You are right, I was really just changing
>the binding in sawfish, not remapping.  What you suggested worked
>perfectly and took all of 1 minute.

BTW: IIRC sawfish supports custom modifier keys (i.e. modifiers apart
from Ctrl, Alt, and Shift). What I do for the left windows key is:

keycode 115 = Hyper_L
add Mod2 = Hyper_L

I use Hyper_L for all bindings related to the window manager (thus
freeing Ctrl and Alt-based bindings). This makes it a perfect "window
manager key".

--
Philipp Lehman <lehman@gmx.net>