Re: lprng problem.

> G'day Dana,
> Thanks for the reply I've followed your advise but still no
> luck, ( no change at all actualy ) just a black page or a
> "No way to print this type of file, ASCII Text' message,
> printed on the printer :(
>
> I'll agree with you about Debian though, it is the best Dist
> I've come acroos out of the 5 - 6 I've tried but it's also the
> only one hwere I can't get my !$$%@ printer to work

I should really make better notes when I fix these things,
but here's the steps I took to get everything going.  I'm
using a Canon BJ-6000 with the BJ-600 drivers.  Anyway,
this is with stable.   Here's the install order:

1. gs and gsfonts
2. lprng
3. a2ps
4. enscript
5. html2ps
6. psutils
7. apsfilter

I might have missed some package, but this is the order.
Then after going through the config of apsfilter, it
prints a test page, (which always works) and then
saved it.  Then I ran the checkpc program, and everything
now works.  I can print with Star Office, XV, etc.  The
only thing that doesn't print yet is gimp... which I'll
figure out.  Hopefully this might help.

Regards,
Dana