Re: Problem with netgear card

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 03:24:17PM -0400, Brian Schramm wrote:
| OK, I am ccing the list on this.  I do have the source installed.  I
| installed the deb package for 2.2.19 and compiled the kernel for the
| machine that it is running on.  I want to use that kernel also since that
| is the one that I am using for the new system too.
|
| So, I do not believe that the system is missing anything or else I would
| not be able to compile the kernel.
|
| Any other ideas?

Did you compile the driver monolithically into the kernel?  If not,
then you should check your /etc/modules.conf file to see if you have
associated the driver module with the ethernet device.  Also, are you
sure you have the correct driver?  This list has mentioned the tulip,
natsemi and ne drivers being associated with Netgear cards similar
to yours.

The stock kernel should work just fine if you configure the proper
module to load.

-D