Re: apt-get testing Failure running dpkg-preconfigure

Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> today I tried to dist-upgrade to testing, but got this error:
>
> Fetched 256MB in 1h37m23s (43.8kB/s)
> 98% [Scanning packages]Template parse error near "" at /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 102, <TEMPLATES> chunk 3.
> E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error code (29)
> E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt
>
> What's wrong?

Some package is broken, unfortunatly the old version of debconf you are
running does not say which one. If you upgrade debconf first, then run
this dist-upgrade again, you should get a much better error message,
which will point to the broken package.

--
see shy jo