apt-get offline

Hello List

I use apt-get as described in the offline.html guide meaning: I build a
wget script from the output of apt-get -qq --print-uris and so on. The
problem is, there are two other systems involved in this process: one
sun solaris machine, which I use to run wget on it, and a WinNT4 machine
to get the downloaded files via ftp to a zip disk (I know this is
ridiculous, but it's the only possibility for me, because the sun one
has no zip, the NT one has no wget...)
Well, the problem is, that some packages are named
packagexxx-1%3a-yyy.deb. Now, either solaris or NT has a problem with
the "%"-sign. I have to manually edit the wget-script so that I replace
every % by xxxxx, downlöoad the whole stuff, and then rename the single
packages from xxxxx back to %. This is a rather annoying procedure, for
dist-upgrades from unstable to unstable tend to change lots of packages.

So enough of talking, here comes my idea of how to do it: Is there a
shell-script that can change the xxxxx'es in the downloaded file names
back to % (the script, I edit with emacs, this is no problem).
Unfortunately, I have no idea of shell scripting at all, so if someone
could tell me how to do it...

Thanks for your help

joerg

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.