Re: Copying one hard drive to another

* Cameron Matheson (cmatheson3@yahoo.com) [010512 23:05]:
> I need to copy everything from hard drive to another.  I'm assuming this is
> done w/ dd, but I need to be sure.  Could someone give me an example of how to
> copy /dev/hda1 to /dev/hdb1?

I did this not too long ago. A simple "cp -a" command worked just fine
for me. I'm sorry, but I don't remember the exact details I did now, but
it was nothing fancy. I think I spec'd the dirs I wanted. Basically,
everything except /lost+found and /proc, as I recall.

There's a HOWTO that has more info on this. It's this one:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Hard-Disk-Upgrade/index.html

Regards
Hall