Re: Blackbox menus and the menu system

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
<...>
> > the code for g|k|xdm logins.
>
> I tried to mail Tim (he mailed me directly) but his return address was bogus.
>
> Blackbox can source other menu entries, so this is actually MUCH easier to do.

Ya that was pretty bad.

> Have a menu file which does:
>
> Debian ->
> my rxvt
> my shell
> do other things
>
> make bb use that file instead of the global one and bingo - done.

So, you are doing...

--- 8<--- ~/.blackbox/menu ---
[begin] (Main Menu)
  [exec] (MyApp) {/usr/bin/myapp ...}
  [submenu] (Debian) {}
    [include] (/etc/X11/blackbox/blackbox-menu)
  [end]
[end]
--->8---

I tried this first (without the submenu), but all I was getting was
the default (non-Debian) menu...

changing "session.menuFile: ~/.blackbox/menu"
to "session.menuFile: /home/bsass/.blackbox/menu" in ~/.blackboxrc
seems to have fixed things (strange, since "~/..." works inside the
menu file itself).

- Bruce