Re: regarding swap space

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 01:39:19PM +1000, Renai LeMay wrote:
> I currently have two drives in my machine, one primary master with debian
> unstable and a swap partition, and one unused primary slave.
>
> What I'm looking to do, is create a swap partition on the slave drive, and
> use that instead of the one on my primary master. I don't need the space from
> the primary master, but using that swap is slowing down my system.

If you're not going to do anything else with the slave drive, you should use a
swap *disk*, rather than a swap partition.  It'll be a little faster, though I
don't know how much faster.

Basically, instead of using /dev/hdb1 or something, replace it with /dev/hdb .

--
Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@dlitz.net