help required with X configuration and mouse

Hi,
I have a Logitech First Mouse with 3 buttons and Serial connection. IT is connected to COM1 or ttyS1. I have Diamond Viper V330 and use the X server as XF86_SVGA. The Debain Desktop starts properly but the mouse does not function properly. A mouse pointer is shown on the screen but it refuses to move with the mouse. I have a Samsung Samtron 40Bn, with horizontal Refresh rate as 30-55 khz and vertical refresh rate as 50-120 hz. Since the mouse does not function properly I cannot make use of the desktop.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
--
Have a Nice day.
To mail me remove ".removethispart." from my email id, including the dots/period