Re: Reconstructing Var?

On Thu, 01 Mar 2001 14:55:26 +1100, you wrote:

>When you say 'meltdown', what exactly do you mean? Can you go into more
>detail about what appeared to happen? What kernel version did you
>upgrade from? What versions of the reiserfs-utils did you move between?

Not really sured why/what happened.  First of all I'm running Sid, with
everything being Reiserfs except for boot (and some ext2 for progeny).  I
was happily running kernel 2.4.1, with the latest reiserfsprogs from
unstable (this was just updated recently IIRC).  I did a make-kpkg as usual,
but on first boot it all went to shi*.  I asked about it under the thread
"Uh-Oh..."

>I was just about to upgrade to 2.4.2, and I have a 17Gb reiserfs
>partition, so I'd be very interested to know what we're dealing with
>here. At the moment I have 2.4.1 with reiserfs-utils version [Crap!
>www.namesys.com is busted so I can't find the version number]... well
>the one that was on the Namesys site when 2.4.1 came out (probably the
>latest).
>
>Has anyone else experienced problems with their reiserfs partitions
>after upgrading to 2.4.2?

Reiser has worked flawlessly for me with several distros for quite some
time.  I seem to have run into the one drawback.  It's tools for repairing
damage are not as proven as those of ext2.

jt