Re: How do I resize my reiser partition?

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:54:47 +0100
studenten wg <debian@babylon-systems.de> wrote:

> im using reiserfs with lvm ( logical volume manager )....
> in that combination it's quite easy resizing your partition....
>
> take a look at
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-0102/msg01262.html

Many thanks for your reply, Peter. I had a look at the web page you gave
me and was tempted, but decided in the end it was, perhaps, a little over
the top for what I needed *at the moment*.

What I have done is basically copied my root filesystem to another drive,
repartioned the full 14 GB of space as reiserfs and copied the linux
filesystem back again. It appears to have worked flawlessly. I have done
the same with my data partition so am now running completely on reiserfs.

Thanks again. Take care.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Progeny Debian Linux