FTP Question

Due to my office firewall and office policies I can not
FTP files to my office PC.  However I can ssh into my
office and then "rlogin" to my office PC.  At that point
I can use the IP address assigned to me by my ISP (info
from the ifconfig command )and FTP back to my home.

The problem is when I FTP back to my home in Debian I get
a "connection refused" message.  With SuSE and FreeBSD the
connection is made and I can transfer files back and forth.

What am I missing in Debian?

--
Christopher W. Aiken
Scenery Hill, Pa, USA