Re: *.gz

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 02:37:47PM -0600, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:

> Why do people suggest using things like mc(1)?  What if Marcelo hasn't
> installed midnight commander?  Let's instead suggest he learns about
> the tools on the system instead of learning about crutches such as mc.

While I tend to agree, that if you are using a *UNIX* type system, it's in
your best interest to get acustomed to using the tools available. But it
surprises me that you would refer to mc as a crutch. I find it to be a
powerful and extreemely useful file managemet *tool*, and quite honestly,
wouldn't want to be without it.

Also, why burn up valuable disk space by uncompressing text files, when
you can have total access to them using tools such as zless, and mc? Granted
the case of sending a file to a friend, but on your own system?

--
  >Lute<
     Hey! It happens. Well it does...