man

I've just installed debian (potato) on an IMac (which went rather well
all things considered).

I've upgraded the kernel to 2.4.2-pre4 (a PPC kernel release) and
everything seemed to be going well.

However, I've just noticed that man doesn't find the man pages.

All the pages seem to be installed and mandb is set up correctly...
it's just not working. I also tried setting the MANPATH to the same
location as the mandb stuff but that didn't work either.

Is man broken or something? or am I doing something incredibly wrong?
 man works on the 5 other debian (intel) machines I have here.

I'm very confused. Please help.

Nic Ferrier