Re: CPU optimization

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 06:53:33PM +0000, Mircea Luca wrote:
> Hmm..OK ,let's see if I understood this corectly :
>

> DEBIAN_BUILDARCH=k6
> export DEBIAN_BUILDARCH
>
> This should do it for the k6 stuff.

Yes.

> What about the code optimization ( -O3).This doesn't seem to be
> addressed and as I said I don't know perl.

Hmm... The package only changes the -mcpu and -march flags.

I think it's easy to change the script for someone who knows Perl and the
stuff checked there. (I'm not too familiar with those, although I could
try something and make a .deb)

But the default for dpkg-buildpackage is -O2, why do you want -O3?
The only difference seems to be  -finline-functions

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil