Re: How send mail one user to another/One account?

Jonathan Gift wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble with my ISP, so copies to me personally appreciated if
> I have to jump off the list again.
>
> I have one  account with my ISP but have set up two users. Now my SO can
> send me mail from MS Outlook, but I can't sem to send out without it
> bouncing straight to me in folder with a can't find sort of msgs.
>
> Details:
> Original account jgift@wanadoo.fr
> Added kgift@wanadoo.fr
>
> I'm using Mutt, Procmail and Fetchmail. There has to be a way of telling
> one of them to let kgift@wanadoo.fr mail out of the system. It's
> obviously taking it for local mail and when it can't find the kgift
> acount, because tere is none, I get an error.

In this case, it's Exim that's at fault.  You need to tell exim the
wanadoo.fr is *not* the local system.  I had this same problem for quite
some time.  So, in your /etc/exim.conf file look for the following sections
and do something sorta kinda similar.

--- Begin exim.conf sections ---
# Specify the domain you want to be added to all unqualified addresses
# here. Unqualified addresses are accepted only from local callers by
# default. See the receiver_unqualified_{hosts,nets} options if you want
# to permit unqualified addresses from remote sources. If this option is
# not set, the primary_hostname value is used for qualification.

# Had to comment this line out to get things to work.
#qualify_domain = earthlink.net
qualify_domain = localnet.here

# Specify your local domains as a colon-separated list here. If this option
# is not set (i.e. not mentioned in the configuration file), the
# qualify_recipient value is used as the only local domain. If you do not want
# to do any local deliveries, uncomment the following line, but do not supply
# any data for it. This sets local_domains to an empty string, which is not
# the same as not mentioning it at all. An empty string specifies that there
# are no local domains; not setting it at all causes the default value (the
# setting of qualify_recipient) to be used.

local_domains = localhost:localnet.here
--- End exim.conf sections ---

The localnet.here thing is what exim thinks my domain name is.  And with
something like this, I can still do local mail between users, and still get
mail out to others on my ISP.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.