Re: How I got ALSA sound drivers kind of working

>lots of libraries.  The ALSA Tutorial by Timmy  says you should get
>esound-alsa and libesd-alsa0, but then adds that the latter conflicts
>with libesd, and many packages depend on libesd.

yep, it is a pain in the butt.

sounds like you had a really fun time with that. ;)

I think if I was to compile another kernel with that card, i would
compile soundblaster and sound support into the kernel and use
that. Maybe you can find more info on that at:

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/Soundblaster.txt

and perhaps this would work if it was compiled as a module:

modprobe sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=3 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x300

that's all i know!