Does unsubscribing from this list really work?

Hello,

I once needed the listmaster intervention to subscribe myself. I tried
to unsubscribe myself temporarily but neither through mail or web is it
possible to unsubscribe myself.

Question to the listmasters: does the subscription/unsubscription
mechanism for debian-user really work?

Note: this is not a plea to unsubscribe me, but a plea to check the
(un)subscription mechanism.
Note 2: I only have problems with debian-user. All the other Debian
lists I have been on listened correctly on my mails to
debian-<list>-request@lists.debian.org.

Ringo
--
**  Ringo De Smet         Ringo.DeSmet AT bigfoot.com  **