Re: Can't view web pages with Konquorer

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 02:44:20PM -0500, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> I had the exact same problem when I first installed KDE 2.0.  I tracked
> the problem down to a missing /usr/lib/libkhtml.la file.  That file is
> supposed to be created by libtool at buildtime (?) but was not.  This
> may or may not be a bug with the Debian KDE packages.  I did not check
> nor did I file a bug report.  I may try a clean KDE 2 install and see if
> that file is still missing.

OK, I've purged KDE from my system completely and re-installed the minimal
packages to fully satisfy konqueror dependencies.  Sure enough,
libkhtml.la was not there and konqueror wouldn't display HTML files.
Copying my .la file in to place and restarting the browser fixed the
problem.  I will file a bug report.

noah  --forgot to GPG sign the last message, sorry...