more apache/perl problems, "premature end of script"

i posted before w/ 400 forbidden problems. i fixed that, but i still
can't get a script to run.

i now get:

   Premature end of script headers: /home/herb/public_html/init/login.pl

i'm pretty sure it's not my script since it works on another webserver
that my university runs (and i can't find their conf files to
compare).

so i'm left w/ a config error. i added this in access.conf:

   AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl

changed this in my access.conf (add ExecCGI):

   <DirectoryMatch ^/home/.*/public_html>
      Options ExecCGI Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
      AllowOverride None
   </DirectoryMatch>

what am i missing?

thanks in advance,

herbert

----- the cgi file in case you don't believe me -----

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
require "cgi-lib.pl";

# output header
print &PrintHeader;
print &HtmlTop ("WDI: Plagarism Detector - Login");

&ReadParse(*input);

print <<ENDOFTEXT;
username: <br><br>
password: