Problem with pppd and Kernel

Hi there,

I am new to Debian, having used Slack previously. I am having problems
with getting my Internet connection to work under Debian 2.2. I run pon
<nameofProvider> and get a ppp not supported by kernel message. Check that
the modules physically exist and they do. I run the command
/sbin/modprobe -v ppp and get another message that states insmod
unsuccessful as there is a kernel mismatch. It tells me that the modules
are for kernel 2.2.16, yet I have kernel 2.2.17.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Daniel Christle