Re: simple network card setup (netgear 10/100 tulip) - solved

Thanks to all who replied! My network is working fine right now. appearenty none of
the drivers on the cd will work with a FA311 (I could be wrong, but i tried to find
one), so I compiled a new one from http://www.scyld.com/network/index.html, called
natsemi (National Semiconductor)

I was very happy after working at it for a long time. I set Debain up on another box
(pIII board w/ built in intel NIC, etherexpress pro 100) with no major problems. I
like the package management in Debian a lot (this is the first time I have used
Debian), but I will have to look into some more of its features.

This, of course, was a very short version of what I went through. I had to install
the kernel headers package and put its include directory as a "-I" parameter to the
gcc compile command for the driver module. I also had to do the same thing for
pci-scan module (at same website).

I hope someone else may find this useful as well.

Thanks again,
Jeff Davis