Re: add new Tex packages!?

Hello Manuel,

to enable kpathsea to search very quickly for files, tetex remains a
database of all the files in your tex-installation in
/usr/share/texmf/ls-R (actually it resides somewhere in /var,
/usr/share/texmf/ls-R is just a link to it). Whenever you install new
files, you have to update this database, otherwise, tex won't find your
files. This is done via the command:
'mktexlsr'
as root. I think, texhash does about the same among a few other nice
things.
Regards,
Daniel