Re: Apache won't start. Apacheconfig spews warnings/errors.

hi matt,

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Matt Miller wrote:
> Are the apacheconfig messages related to the invalid commands in
> /etc/apache/httpd.conf?  Is Perl issuing errors or warnings?

i do not know as i run potato. i do not use apacheconfig as i can
hardly imagine a script that really configures apache the way you
want it to.

> Should I
> just manually fix /etc/apache/httpd.conf and go on my merry way?

i would do so. to test whether the syntax of httpd.conf is
ok, do the following (apache does not get started):

/usr/sbin/apache -t

for debugging, do

/usr/sbin/apache -X

(runs apache in single-process mode)

normal start:

/usr/sbin/apache &

rgds

dani

--
Daniel Mettler                  http://www.icu.unizh.ch/~mettlerd

All general statements are false. (The Ultimate Law)