3dfx, Potato and X 4.0.1, is this possible? 2

I am still having problems, after all the help.

A number of quetsions, now

Am I making it hard on myself using potato, and putting X4.0.1 on that?
As going through the HOWTO on debian planet, my system did not like libglide3*, as potato has libglide2*.

Now for the problem, when runing the test config, the screen size is 640x480 at a depth of 8.  the only way to quit is CTRL_C and the console brings up
fatal error:
SIGNAL 11 caught.    something like that any way.

Please help.

Ian