3dfx Voodoo not found by libglide2x.so?

Hello,

Just a quick shout before I go to work:

I have a 3dfx Voodoo 2, Mesa (glide2 version) and XFree86 3.3.6
installed.  Whenever I try to run a gl demo, I get the following
warning message:

gd error (glide): _GlideInitEnvironment: libglide2x.so expected Voodoo, none detected
fx Driver: ERROR no Voodoo1/2 Graphics or Voodoo Rush !

Has anyone had this problem?  I have installed:

libglide2-v2
libglide2-dev
mesag3-glide2
mesag-glide2-dev
glide2-base

I also just installed device3dfx-source, but haven't got around to
recompiling a kernel with it yet.

I know this card worked at one point; I will check that the card is
seated properly and all connections are solid when I get home :), but
I don't have time now and was hoping that there might be a response I
could check from work.

tia,

=wl
--
Albert ``Willy'' Lee, Emacs user, game programmer
"They call me CRAZY - just because I DARE to DREAM of a RACE of