Re: munged cd #2 and #3, maybe?

"Eric" == Eric Sprague <kronoman2000@yahoo.com> writes:

> I've got a funny problem: I've downloaded and burned the ISOs for
> the Official Debian 2.2 CD's, but
>apt-cdrom refuses to recognize CD #2 and #3... It dies
> on a read error, but my other box (RH 6.2 / Linux
>2.4.0-test9) reads all three CDs without a problem.

I had a very similar problem, where they worked fine on one machine,
but were refused with a read error on another.  It was also only disks
2 and 3.

Eventually they were accepted and read with no problem on the
offending machine.  I just kept wiping more dust off the disks and
trying them again :)

So it may be that simple.  From now on I will always, *ALWAYS* check
the hardware first for a) connections, b) dust. ;)

=wl

--
Albert ``Willy'' Lee, Emacs user, game programmer
"They call me CRAZY - just because I DARE to DREAM of a RACE of