Re: Program can't find shared libraries

    Matt> 3. set some environment variable or something to tell
    Matt> this particular suite of programs to check the app's
    Matt> special /lib directory.
    >>
    >> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is your friend, Matt. Add the following to your
    >> ~/.bashrc, /etc/environment or whatever other file you get your
    >> environment variables from:
    >>
    >> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:<path-to_your_app>/lib
    >> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

    Colin> Note that you probably shouldn't put the second of those lines in
    Colin> /etc/environment, since it's parsed by pam_env rather than being a shell
    Colin> script.

    You're absolutely right, I just put /etc/environment there as an
example of "generic" environment file, that the original poster could
tweak to get his app to run.

cheers,

--
Allan F. Caetano
Universo On Line - EngProd - F: (11) 224 4418

"Who is this peer that keeps resetting my connection?
 I have a broken pipe I wanna hit him with!"