Re: /usr/tmp instead of /tmp

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 11:40:18PM +0100, Attila Csosz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to switch /tmp to /usr/tmp because /tmp is to small.
>
> I did the followings:
>
> umount /tmp ; mv tmp tmp2 ; rewrite /tmp to /tmp2 in /etc/fstab
> mkdir /usr/tmp ; ln -s /usr/tmp /tmp ; chown 777 /usr/tmp ; chown 777 /tmp
> chmod root:sys /usr/tmp
>
> Is it enough or good?
I'm not sure if this's ok, if /usr is a seperate partition, /usr is possibly mounted later then /tmp is used, especially in single-user mode. But it probably just works so don't worry, and if something goes wrong, it's still not too bad, /tmp is only unusably.

So just try it, if everything works don't worry, else solve it :)

Alson