Re: 'xhost' gives error message

On Friday 10 November 2000 12:13, GYULAI Mihaly wrote:
> When I try just: 'xhost', it gives me an error -
>
> Xlib: Connection to ":0.0" refused by Server
> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
>
> All this I tried as root, previously as user (with the same result).
>
> A day before it worked...
>
> Why is it?
That's strange; I've found that it won't work if I su to root while running X
as a normal user; but as that normal user, I can run xhost
+remotehost.somwhere.net with no problems.  Maybe an apt-get upgrade changed
the permissions or group ownership of xhost?

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.